Burst & Frozen Pipe Repair in Chester County & the Surrounding Areas
A burst pipe in the middle of winter is a crisis that no homeowner wants to face. Unfortunately, burst and frozen pipes are a common issue during Pennsylvania’s frigid winters. The good news is that after 70+ years of providing plumbing services in the Chester County area, the team at Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has extensive experience repairing burst and frozen pipes. With our 24/7 emergency plumbing services, we can be at your home anytime you need us. Our plumbers are experienced, skilled, and dedicated to providing prompt, high-quality plumbing repair services.
If your Chester County home has a burst or frozen pipe, call Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling right away at 610-400-8510. You can also contact us online for reliable plumbing repair for burst or frozen pipes.
A burst pipe is a major issue that can happen when temperatures drop below freezing. As water freezes inside your pipes, it expands. This puts great pressure on a pipe and can cause it to burst. If a pipe bursts, it will spew hundreds of gallons of water per hour. This water can damage drywall, ruin carpets, floors, and wood, and create a huge mess that is expensive and time-consuming to clean up. A burst pipe requires quick action to minimize the damage. If you can, it’s best to locate and activate your home’s main water shut-off valve as soon as possible. Then call Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for emergency pipe repair. A trained technician will come out to your house the same day to locate and repair the burst pipe, restoring running water to your home.
In cold weather, some pipes can freeze without bursting. While this is a slightly better situation to be in, it still leaves your pipes unusable. You might also notice that your pipes are frozen before they burst, giving you time to call in a professional before damage occurs. A frozen drain pipe or frozen water line will create some signs that let you know your pipes have frozen:
- Lack of running water from one or more faucets
- Frost or ice on exposed pipes
- Unusual gurgling or burbling sounds coming from pipes
- Backed-up drains
If you notice any of these signs when the temperature is below freezing, don’t wait! Call 610-400-8510 for frozen pipe repair in Chester County.
How to Prevent Burst & Frozen Pipes
Burst pipes are one of the leading causes of property damage during extremely cold weather. Winterizing your home before a cold snap is key to the chances of your pipes bursting during frigid weather. Take the steps below to protect your pipes from freezing:
- Insulate any pipes that are exposed to cold – Pipes in unheated interior spaces such as basements, attics, and crawl spaces are at risk for freezing. Wrap them in pipe insulation or heating tape to prevent them from getting too cold.
- Leave cabinet doors under sinks open – Opening the cabinet doors under your sinks allows heated air to circulate around the pipes, which will keep them warmer.
- Keep your home sufficiently heated – Your home should be kept at a minimum of 55 degrees, even if you are on vacation.
- Run water through pipes – Before a cold snap, open your outdoor faucets to allow a small trickle of water to run continuously. Moving water will not freeze like standing water does.
- Disconnect garden hoses – Disconnect, drain, and store garden hoses during freezing weather to protect both them and your pipes.
Choose Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc.
For over seven decades, Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been offering top-class residential plumbing services to homeowners in the Chester County area. We’re familiar with the challenges of Pennsylvania’s winters and have extensive experience repairing frozen and burst pipes. You can count on our emergency response team to arrive quickly, properly equipped, and prepared to solve your pipe issues completely.