Drain Cleaning & Clearing Services
Drain Cleaning in Chester County & the Surrounding Areas
Clogged drains are a frustration nearly all homeowners have to deal with, and while many are minor, some will require professional help. Whether you have a clogged sink, tub, or toilet, our team at Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can help. We offer drain cleaning services throughout the Chester County area, and we are equipped with all the tools and equipment to remove clogs quickly and safely. Our team has been serving Pennsylvania homeowners since 1948, and we provide everything from drain cleaning and pipe camera inspections to sewer repairs and complete plumbing services. We are here when you need us, with same-day service, and we offer upfront pricing and excellent workmanship with every visit.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Drain clogs can be quite inconvenient. To spot them early and get the problem solved as soon as possible, watch for these common signs of drain clogs:
- Slow drains or minor clogging
- Foul odors from your drains
- Bubbling or gurgling sounds as drains are used
- Sounds from nearby drains as another is used
- Rising water in the toilet bowl
- Water backing up into the fixture
Schedule drain cleaning as soon as you notice any of these problems. Call 610-400-8510 for an appointment in the Chester County area.
Our Drain Cleaning Methods
When you have a stubborn clog, our experts at Mattioni have several methods we can use to get your drains and sewers flowing freely again. Our drain cleaning methods include:
- Pipe snakes: For smaller clogs in sinks or tubs, a pipe snake can work well to dislodge the clog and get the drain flowing again.
- Power augurs: For more serious clogs in drains or sewers, a power auger may be used. Essentially a heavy-duty pipe snake with specialized cutting heads, a power auger is driven by a powerful electric motor to cut through stubborn clogs.
- Hydro jetting: For the most challenging clogs, truck- or trailer-mounted hydro jetting systems offer impressive performance, using high-pressure jets of water to cut through and dissolve tough blockages.
- Pipe cameras: When clogs are reoccurring, our team can use our pipe camera systems to inspect the interior of drain and sewer pipes, looking for any damage that may lead to clogs or verifying the cause of current clogs.
Although it may be tempting to use commercially available drain cleaning gets or liquids before calling in the professionals, we don’t recommend it. Many drain cleaning products contain corrosive ingredients, acids, or other harsh chemicals, and they may damage your drain or sewer pipes over time, leading to costly leaks and repairs. Plus, drain cleaners can be quite dangerous for children and pets.
How To Prevent Drain Clogs
Drain clogs tend to form when grease and cooking oils harden or things like foreign objects lodge in the pipes and start catching hair, toilet paper, waste, and food particles. Many drain clogs can be prevented simply by monitoring what is sent down the drain. Here are a few tips that can help:
- Throw away hardened cooking grease and oil instead of rinsing it down the drain
- Place strainers or baskets in sink and tub drains to catch hair
- Avoid flushing anything but waste and toilet paper down the toilet
- Never flush paper towels, baby wipes, “flushable” wipes, hygiene products, or foreign objects like toys or keys
- Keep hard or stringy foods out of the garbage disposal like celery, banana peels, bones, or onion skins
- Avoid grinding soft foods that can congeal or clump, like pasta, rice, oatmeal, or coffee grounds
For more tips on preventing drain clogs in your Chester County home, call 610-400-8510.
Why Choose Mattioni for Drain Cleaning?
With over 70 years of experience in the plumbing industry, Mattioni Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is well-qualified to handle all your drain and sewer needs. By choosing our company for drain cleaning and clog removal in the Chester County area, you can expect:
- Fast, friendly service
- Reliable, trustworthy professionals
- Upfront pricing
- Same-day service
- Fast response times
- Exceptional products and services